Thursday, May 01, 2008

More tidbits of information

Okay...still moving slowly...

I know his first name, which of course I won't tell you. I will call him "G" for now. After I meet him I will pick out a "G" name that seems to fit.

He is doing exceptionally well in school. He wants to live in Our Small Town because that is where he was living with his aunt and grandmother before his aunt got too sick to take care of him. He has friends here in the school system.

He is very bright, likes to read, has not been on any medication for three years and apparently had no disciplinary problems at school or home. He has no psychiatric diagnoses.

I told the social worker, "Okay, this is sounding just too good to be true. Where's the catch?"

She agreed it was unlikely and promises to dig deeper for me. She is still collecting information herself. However she says that she knows the people at the group home where he is and they really do all think that he is wonderful.

We are planning on meeting him for dinner on Wednesday.

IF he moves in, it would be after the school year ends in about a month or so.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Just wow! He sounds like a great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting! And sometimes, they really are as good as they sound. Our newest has definitely been very easy and fun to live with! I hope whatever you would like to happen is what happens. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it terrible that you're/we're looking for the catch? When I was reading about him, that's exactly what I was thinking and then, of course, that's what you typed. For his sake, I hope there aren't any catches. Kids deserve to get through their childhood without "catches."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, he does sound too good to be for real. But I hope the REAL story is still a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. If he is half as good as he sounds, it could work out.

    Keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how exciting! A door closes somewhere and another opens elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:15 PM

    reading this made my heart pound! I am contemplating fostering/adopting youth but my little toe is not even an inch into that water yet. (we have 2 daughters 17 and 14, one about to go to college) I am reading your blog and learning so much.

    SO much.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.