Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ann's Story Update 2: Mother's Day 2006

Mother's Day 2006:

Ann called!

I last saw her about a year ago. She is mentioned in the early posts in David's Story (in the public blog). She was being placed with a family locally and we took her out to dinner. Since then she has been in at least: two group homes, two pre-adoptive placements, and detention. She has been in her current placment (this is in addition to the ones above) for about 6 weeks. For those not doing the math, this means that she has been averaging no more than 2 months at any one place.

The home she is in now has pre-school kids.

She did not want to talk much about what she had been up to. Mostly she just kept asking how everyone here was. She had called Mandy first, which is good. I will check with Mandy later, she is likely to have got more information out of her than I did.

It is good to have heard from her. Really good. I don't really have news; I just know that she is alive and still bouncing around the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.