Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ann's Story Part 40: A Good Day

3/20/03 (Wednesday)
to the social worker:
Ruby,

“Polly” ended up driving Ann home alone yesterday. She said that she asked Ann how things were going and Ann said pretty well. That she missed her mom but hated living with the Challenge girls. Living with us and visiting her mom seemed like a pretty good idea.

Ann's appointment with PO went well. Ann always seems so young when we are there. She turned in her community service records, but she asked if she could have a copy. The PO asked why and when Ann could not articulate it I said that Ann liked to look at them, it made her feel proud of all she had accomplished. So she made her copies. The PO says we should let her know when we hear about the academic probation. If Ann is off that she will submit the paper work to the judge. Otherwise Ann will have to stay on, probably until the June 17th date. Ann said that she wanted to be off by her birthday so she could party. The PO asked her what sort of party and Ann explained that she wanted to take a friend to Boondocks and stay, without an adult, until 9:00 at night. The PO told her that if she stayed out of trouble she would probably give her permission to do that. Ann was pretty happy, and proud of all she has accomplished. She has grown so much.

On the way home I talked to her about Andrew. I told him that he was a sensitive personality and things that annoyed other people really made him miserable. She said she would try to express herself gently with him.

Now, I know you are going to tell me no to exhaust myself, and I promise I won't. However, as long as Ann is in the house I am going to try to help Andrew and Ann to develop a respectful relationship. I will also pray that Mandy decides, or is forced to decide, to have only a couple of kids.

I just wanted to let you know that it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.