Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Evan: school and doctor visit

Last evening Evan showed me an infected cyst on his chest, actually a cluster of them. There is a doc-in-the-box near my Al-Anon meeting so I dropped him off on the way (unfortunately he finished before the meeting really got going so I had to leave early).

The doctor (or nurse practitioner or physician's assistant) treated it, gave him a prescription for oral and topical antibiotics and told him to see his regular physician today. So Evan is staying home. His chest bleeds when he moves much, he tells us, and he is afraid it will bleed through to his shirt, besides he has to see the doctor today.

Now I know he feels badly and all. I know he needs to see the doctor. I also know that summer school has a two absence limit that they are pretty serious about. This is his second. If he doesn't get in today...

But this is me borrowing trouble. One day at a time and all that. I will feel better when he actually has an appointment for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.