Friday, May 12, 2006

To my children's mothers

Happy Mother's day

to Carl's mother who died;

to David's mother who was too young, too inexperienced, abused, abandoned, unskilled, uneducated, and probably mentally disabled, who did not fight to get her children back but, I'm sure, believed they were better without her than with her;

to Evan's mother who is in prison and who, though she has lived a life torn apart by drugs and violence, stayed clean throughout each of her pregnancies and gave birth to healthy children who are capable of loving and trusting however deep their wounds are.

May you all know peace.

1 comment:

  1. I must remember to tell the girls' mom Happy Mother's Day as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.