Sunday, May 21, 2006

Evan's summer

Last night Evan went out to late night bowling with friends. In general this is a good thing. It is the first time he has left the house to socialize since he came home. Isolation is not a good thing.

Of course he left at 10:30 and got back at 2:30; I am assuming he is telling the truth about that. He also told me that the sandwich shop called him this morning to tell him that he did not have to show up for his 8:00am shift; I am NOT assuming he is telling me the thruth about that.

I am however following the rules. I am giving reports to the social worker about what he does and doesn't do and then not worrying about it. (Well, not worrying much.)

I looked up the summer school schedule. He is going to be one busy kid. He is signed up for classes at the high school (8:00am-3:30pm) and an on-line class with weekly deadlines. He will also have one meeting a week with his counselor, one with rehab prevention group, two 12-Step meetings a week, and work.

That is a lot for our little boy. I hope he can manage it.

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't leave him any time for trouble. Will he be able to sleep?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.