Saturday, July 01, 2006

David's Story Part 33: What happened over break

If I had amnesia and was reading through my emails trying to figure out what had happened, I know I would be puzzled. There are emails from mid-December in which things seemed to be okay. Then in January my anxiety level is through the roof.

What happened in the middle was that David spent almost all of Christmas break in The City. He was home for Christmas itself, but that was just about it. I can say calmly now that I decided not to make a big deal of it and just hope that it would be better when school started. The truth is that I decided five times a day not to make a big deal of it. I would call him, ask when he was coming home, consider demanding that he come home, imagine that even if he did, he would just lock himself in his room and talk on the phone, and decide to let it go. I told myself five times a day for two weeks, “When school starts up it will be better.” I was getting more and more anxious. Pick your favorite cliché: the camel and the straws; the pressure in volcano; the string being slowly pulled tight. Whatever.

School started and it did not get better.

David's Story Part 1: The Beginning
David's Story Part 34: Hubby Talks to David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.