Sunday, July 02, 2006

David's Story Part 59: Visiting David

4/14/05
Lisa,

Andrew and I dropped by to give David some mail yesterday. David was not able to resist my aggressive cheerfulness. We talked about his fish and a little bit about his job hunt. I told him that I thought he looked really good and that I thought it was better for him not to be moving back and forth like he had been. When I hugged him and told him that I was really sorry he was not at that meeting he said, "That's okay" and he sounded like he meant it. When I said "I miss you" he said that he missed me too. When I said goodbye and said, "I love you" he mumbled.

That's good enough.

It was a nice visit.


We made a point of dropping in on David a couple of times. After a while David started calling us just to say hi. Now he always calls before holidays and other events that might involve fun and family. For the first year he moved around, never paying rent and never living anywhere more than a few monts. At the moment life is more stable.

David's Story Part 60: Christmas 2005
David's Story Part 1: The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.