Friday, February 10, 2006

Evan off to treatment

We just came back from the pyschiatrist.

During the conversation I said that it was hard to believe that he could have been taking the drug for this long and still be getting the effect that he was reporting with three pills a day. The doctor nodded and said that people usually under-report. "Evan" said that yeah, he was not really sure how much he took, but he did only take it three times a day.

The doctor recommended putting him in a 21-28 day residential program. The social worker will find out today how soon he can get in and how long it will take for them to set up a contract for payment. She is not worried about the agency paying for it. Neither of us can remember a time when a doctor recommended something that they did not pay for.

I assured him that we would keep his room for him. He can leave his stuff here and it will still be here when he gets back.

I asked him afterwards why he told us. He said that he started "blowing" and it scared him.
I should find out late this afternoon how long it will take before he can get in. I would like to be driving there today, but I don't think that will happen.

Of course once he is admitted I will have no legal relationship to him at all. He is an adult though and so if he is allowed visitors he will be able to request that I be one of them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad for both of you. Hopefully it's early enough to work for him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.