Friday, February 17, 2006

And then he isn't, I think

Officially, Evan claims to have been out of codeine since Wednesday. His outward behavior tells a different story. Thursday all day he was in a good mood and had a good appetite. Today he wanted no lunch. At 1:00pm he was agitated. At 4:00pm he was trembling and could not stop crying. At 6:00pm he was relaxed, hungry and joking.

I am very, very proud of him for trying.

The original plan was that he would detox under medical supervision at the residential treatment center. I am not unhappy that he appears to have returned to that plan.

1 comment:

  1. It will probably be an on again off again struggle for him and the sooner they can make a place for him, the better.

    I will continue to watch and hope.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.