Saturday, February 18, 2006

And, once again, he is

Poor kid. He practically begged me to ask a doctor to prescribe him some codeine. He called his social worker and asked her to "help." He told her that he just didn't want to put me through this, (translation: "Please give me opiates, not for my sake, but for my aunt's.")

He does not want to hear that this is not difficult for me. From MY perspective it is not worse than having a kid with chicken pox or the flu. He's miserable and there is little to nothing that I can do about it.

I don't know if he is finally, really, out of drugs or if he is hoarding the last little bit and trying not to run out. I guess I'll know if he suddenly feels better again.

It's a weird position for me to be in. We agreed that he would detox at the center. Translation: we all agreed that he would be using until then. So why doesn't he score? He has money. Why hasn't he asked if I would please drop him off at the coffee shop so that he can chat with a friend for half an hour?

This is Saturday and he cannot possibly get to the center any earlier than Tuesday. If he cotinues to detox here, he will show up clean and go straight into the rehab portion of the program. That might mean that I would get him back a few days sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.