Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A tense evening

Every one's a mess.

I spent all day today meeting my first year advisees and helping them make changes in their schedules, and in many cases working to calm them down. School starts tomorrow and I am not quite ready. I could really use a calm house and kids who don't need anything so that I could be nervous about my own life.

Evan is tense. Tonight after dinner Hubby is taking him to spend the night with his baby sister. Tomorrow is the his mother's graduation and he is anxious on more levels and in more ways than I can express. Waves of anxiety emanate from him.

Miss E is being moved on Friday and they are asking me if I will keep driving her to school. I am happy to do it, but it is on the other side of the high school and it just does not make sense to get her and come back for Andrew, so Andrew will have to leave with me 10 or 15 minutes earlier than usual. Now that would not be a big deal if it were a little later in the day, but there is a big difference between 6:35am and 6:50am. I am willing to pay him a bit of what they are paying me (after all it is his time too), but I don't think I can pay him enough to make him happy without the other boys being upset because he is being paid to get up in the morning. So Andrew is irritable with me.

And then there is Brian. What to do about Brian? Dear lord, what to do about Brian? Brian has another minor, real illness that he is trying to turn into a brain tumor. Okay, he is not claiming to have a brain tumor, but he is pretty sure he is going blind. He really can't go to school since he can't read or find his bus. Of coures he sees perfectly well at home.

Since I started this Evan's mother called. I would blog about it, but I am in no mood to be understanding and I don't want to blog things I will later regret saying.

Next: turning down a respite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.