Thursday, June 14, 2007

Faye's Drama

The short version, and the only one I am going to give you is this:

Faye's boyfriend has connections to scary people. Boyfriend got in trouble and along the way angered one of the really scary ones who said to boyfriend, "It would be really sad if Faye were to get hurt or killed" in front of Faye. Boyfriend said nothing, which may have been wise. I'm a big fan of saying nothing when people are acting irrationally. However saying nothing made Faye feel unloved and abandoned, on top of the fear.

I will be talking to the social worker today who will talk to Faye and they will decide if she is safe here, four blocks away from where boyfriend's mother lives. She probably is, but really, this is more drama than I had anticipated with a simple respite. Respite is supposed to be easy.

Yep, it is all about me.

Actually it is all about the safety of the family. I think the threats made against Faye were intended to frighten the boyfriend and not something that are likely to be acted upon. On the other hand, this is as far as I am willing to go. If we start getting scary phone calls or if the boyfriend comes by after he is told not to, we will have to consider moving Faye.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I agree with you on that one! No need to put your family at risk because Faye's BF is connected with scary people.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.