Saturday, June 23, 2007

Consequences of Faye's Drama

I don't think I was very clear about this, but the person that Faye was planning on moving in with on her 18th birthday was also involved in the drama. This person, Faye learned last night, has decided that allowing Faye to move in is not wise.

I'm glad, for Faye's sake, that she decided this now and not, say, one month after Faye had left care.

Faye of course is fairly devastated -- in that way that kids who have been knocked around by life have of being upset while emotionally closing down and moving on. She said that she wished she could live here, and accepted it when I said that that would not work for us.

She started listing various aunts who might be persuaded to let her live with them, and I suggested that she talk to her social worker about Marsha. Miss E will be moving out in July. Faye seemed to be seriously considering that option. Personally I think it would be perfect. Faye would stay in comprehensive care until she finishes high school.

She really can't stay where she is now. It was intended as a temporary placement. The house is quite full. So much so that many of Faye's possessions are in storage.

Well, we shall see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that things work out for her. I'm so sorry her plans didn't work out but hopefully she will see the wisdom of staying in care until she graduates. A little more time to make plans.

    How is Miss E?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.