Sunday, May 13, 2007

I fogot about mother's day!

One of the things that I like least about the blogosphere is holidays. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, it feels like we all write the same post.

And today is mother's day and most of the blogs that I read are parenting blogs and it is likely that everyone is going to write some sort of refective post about being a mom or a parent. (And if you are planning to, don't let me discourage you. I do understand that your blog does not exist for my entertainment and edification).

But I don't want to write one more post Mother's Day post.

But I will say that I forgot it was today.

And Carl called me first thing in the morning, and Brian brought me breakfast in bed to eat while I talked to Carl. The day is starting off well. My conversation with Carl was fun. He told me that he was no longer a "floater" with the make-up section of the Big Name Department Store he had been hired on by one particular company. He asked me where I bought the very few cosmetics that I used. I told him. He replied, "Oh darling, that stuff is fine if you are just starting out, but it really isn't very good. I will have to put a gift basket together for you." So now I know what I will be getting for my birthday in a few months.

I don't really have plans for the day. I might spend the day doing very, very little.

Hubby and Brian asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I told them that I wanted them to hire a TA to do my backlog of grading; and I wanted the kitchen to stay clean all day, the groceries bought, and dinner to appear without any effort on my part. They said they could probaby do most of that, in fact all but one.

"Okay," I said, "I'll go grocery shopping."

Later Hubby told me that he knows how much I enjoy time alone, so as a special Mother's Day Gift just for me, he will take the boys out to see Spider Man 3.

Now isn't that thoughtful of him?

Happy mother's day to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I hope you enjoyed your day afterall....

    and I tagged you...to find out more and see if you want to participate - please head over to my blog...http://www.ndfostermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.