Sunday, May 06, 2007

Evan and Old Posts

The thing about having a blog is that it makes it much more difficult to lie to yourself about the past. I went back and read the posts I wrote during the last couple of months that Evan was here.

It wasn't easy.

I think it will be a little easier in some ways. When Evan moves out in August he will only be moving 30 miles away, not over an ocean. I am no longer worried that I am going to loose him. He will be in a basement-level bedroom, has his own car, and may come and go as he likes.

It won't be easy though.

I wonder if anyone is asking why I would agree to do it, why we were all so quick to agree that if Evan needs to come back he may. Aside from the simple fact that this is what we do, Evan is now part of the family. End of explanation.

While I was strolling down memory lane I came across quite a few posts that I did not publish. Apparently at the time I thought they were unfinished, but now I have no idea what I thought should be added to them. I'll probably publish them soon. I'm not going to change the publication date, so those of you would read by surfing and not via a reader may not see them. They weren't essential to the "plot line." Mostly they are reflective posts.

I am still hoping that by calming Evan down, letting him know he is not trapped, and trying to give him a new way of looking at everything that he will work everything out at Grandma's. I told this to Hubby and he chuckled.

At least he didn't howl with laughter.

5 comments:

  1. It didn't even occur to me to ask :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wondered why you would, only if you would. I thought you would encourage him to work it out.

    I'll admit it too. I hoped you would. Like Brian I miss having Evan around. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have encouraged him to work it out.

    I'm hoping. Hubby's chuckling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, it is me, Yondalla.

    First, thanks FosterAbba for posting this for me.

    Blogger suddenly suspects me of being a spammer and has locked me out of my blog and will NOT EVEN ALLOW ME TO COMMENT ON ANY BLOG.

    If anything really important happens, like Evan moves in or I get called about a placement I will ask FosterAbba or one of my other blogging buddies to allow me to put up a guest post on one of their blogs.

    In the meantime, know that the blogger team is hard at work to keep you safe from evil spammers.

    I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to FosterAbba again.

    I was locked out for hours and within minutes of asking FosterAbba for help, I was back.

    Very odd.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.