Saturday, December 09, 2006

Last Meal

It was the last evening. Grandma, aunt, mom and both sisters were here. Everyone had a good time.

Baby Sister kept us all enteratained. She calls her siblings "Sissy" and "Buddy." By the end of the evening she was calling Brian "my lil buddy." (And since Brian's actual name sounds nothing like "Buddy" it was clear that she had chosen him for her new brother.)

It was a nice evening and more relaxed than I thought it would be. All the adults hugged me and thanked me for taking such good care of Evan the past year. I told them that I was happy to have him in my life. Evan's mom hugged me especially hard. She said that she would give me a call or maybe drop by. I told her she was welcome. I don't actually expect her to, at least not very often, but things are relaxed between us, and that is good.

Tomorrow morning he leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.