Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hubby's birthday

Hubby's birthday is this weekend, but, for the sixth year in a row, we are doing respite for Mandy for the New Year so that she and her husband can go see her adult children.

So we went out to dinner tonight.

Ages ago I used to try to make him a nice birthday dinner, but I just can't get myself up to it so soon after Christmas. So now we just go out. We ate very early as David got out of work at 4:00pm and it really worked best for him if we could pick him up then.

David was particularly cuddly tonight. He wanted to hold my hand, put his arm around me when we were walking through the parking lot. He has always been a hugger, but tonight he was especially so. Maybe there is something going on with him or maybe he was just responding to me and my empty-nest-ness.

It was a nice evening out. Hubby liked his presents.

It's beginning to feel very quiet around here. Still good, mind you. I am still enjoying the peace, but beginning to be too quiet.

I'm glad Jackie is coming for respite tomorrow. She'll be here for four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.