Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hanging in there

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the kind comments. I appreciate every one of them.

I spent a good chunk of the day with a friend I have not seen for a while and came home mid-afternoon. I went through Evan's room, found about a dozen pens, one of my best pillow cases and a several things that I will box up for him. The room has been vaccuumed and dusted. The bed is striped. The closet, dresser, desk and shelves are all empty.

It is an empty space, waiting to be filled.

For how long? I wish I knew. I would like to be able to pace myself. Hurry up and finish the quilt, get some sleep and get ready. Or do I settle down into a new pace, work leisurely on the quilt, perhaps use the empty room as a study for a while? Of course there is no answer to that. It is not something that will happen gradually. There will be nothing and then there will be a phone call and a youth who needs us.

But as for now, he is safely on his way. He has promised to email regularly.

And I am tired, sad, but well.

If you will all excuse me -- I can hear a hot bath calling my name.

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you a lot today.
    Hugs, many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am simply amazed that you have given him enough security that he can fly across the ocean to a new adventure. Being a good mom is not an easy job, but you have your proof. I just wish it didn't have to hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.