Monday, April 03, 2006

Saying the right thing...by accident

So...I asked people to share a bad moment. So I thought I would share, and again invite you to too, my best anger moments. Those times when we were happy at what we said.

Years ago:
Carl had told a lie. To him it seemed a little thing: he said he had a job that he did not have but thought he would have. To me it was huge. I had agreed not to go on the family vacation so that he could stay home and start the job. Hubby and the boys left. The last thing that Hubby said was, "Don't ground him. If you ground him you will have to stay home with him."

Carl sat in the kitchen waiting for me to say something. All I could get out was, "I am so angry right now I don't know what to say. This is the most thoughtless thing you have ever done to me."

Carl said, "Do you want me to move out?"

Furious beyond the ability to control myself I fortunately said the right thing, "The hell you will! There is no way I am letting you walk away from this. You made this mess and you have to figure it out. You have a pissed off mother! Now go to your room and figure out how to make this better!" I continued mumbling..."Move out...my a$$. Piss me off and then walk away..." I looked up at him and he was grinning.

1 comment:

  1. When my brain is this fuzzy it's hard to think of anything I did right.

    I'll try later.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.