Monday, April 03, 2006

Another respite

There was another blow-out at Mandy's. I don't know exactly what happened. I probably won't ever know.

However Georgia. is in the detention center and Miss E. and Irene are over here for the night.

We got a call a couple of hours ago from the social worker who said that Miss E and Irene were refusing to go back inside the house and she did not know where to take them tonight. "There are so few places to take girls. Everyone else in the area who will do respite already has boys in the house."

I did not point out that I in fact do have boys. Evan is not here at the moment, but she has said the same thing to me when he was here. What she means of course is that I do not have any boys who are sexual threats to the girls. That is true. Neither Evan nor Andrew presents any risk to them, though for different reasons.

E is the young woman with whom I just don't connect. It odd, because I usually really like the girls, even the ones that I can't stand. E just rubs me the wrong way. Irene is just 13 and short for her age. I think she is fairly new. She is over-whelmed and tearful. I think she has no idea what happened.

They are supposed to just be here for one night, but that is subject to change. Tomorrow their individual case workers will be contacted and they will decide whether to send them back to Mandy or try to put them into one of the group homes.

I don't know what happened, but I am pretty confident that it happened because the girls fed off of each other. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if there were enough foster families so that every kid who needed to be an only child could be?

Next on Miss E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.