Sunday, April 02, 2006

Possible visit to Evan

My counselor (L) suggested that I go to the rehab center and visit Evan. I agreed that it would be a good idea.

After I left her office she called the rehab center to see what they thought and then the social worker to recommend that they send me. I got home to several messages.

From the counselor: "I talked to B. at the foster care agency and G. at the rehab center. Everyone thinks it is a great idea and you should call the center and set it up."

From the social worker: "L called. I think it would be fantastic if you could go see Evan. I will run it by my supervisor and call you back as soon as we can. We should be able to buy you a plane ticket."

From G and the rehab center: "L called. We think it would be wonderful if you could come spend an afternoon with Evan. You could take him to lunch or dinner, or both. We could all sit down for a discussion in the middle of the afternoon. Just let me know what day you want to come!"

From Evan (panicked voice): "G says you are coming here to see me, but he does not know when. Is there something wrong? I mean, is there something that you think you can only tell me face to face? I would really rather that you just tell me now. If you are just coming to see me though that would be good, but well, could you give me a call?"

1 comment:

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.