Friday, August 18, 2006

Your fostering children

Andrew and I have been asked to help do a training on helping foster parents and social workers talk to and support fostering children (a.k.a. biokids of foster parents).

If you are a foster or adoptive parent who has or had biokids in the house at the same time, I could use your help.

I have a survey for parents and youth. If you are willing to fill them out, I will both keep your results confidential and give you access to the compiled results.

To participate please click on my profile and then the email link from there. You can also leave a comment, but I need to be able to email you back.

If you are a social worker and can refer other people to fill out the survey, that would also be fantastic. I will also make compiled results available to you.

If you were a foster youth at one point and have anything you think that I would like to know about what it is like to live in homes with fostering children, please email me too!

By the way, I have been trying to collect some of this information for a while and since it is a volunteer thing, I have had a very hard time getting people who had negative experiences to respond. If we are going to support fostering children we really do need to know the bad along with the good. I am not just looking for glowing reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.