Thursday, August 10, 2006

my visit with my counselor

So yesterday I also saw the counselor. I talked about my weekend with my father. I talked about the memories it brought up of my childhood. I cried. It was mostly a good session in my on-going therapy to deal with the results of growing up with an alcoholic father.

But I came home so tired. I was just emotionally wore out all last evening (I feel better this morning).

But I am wondering. On a scale of one to ten, just how horrible is it that after spending an hour talking about your alcoholic father you spend all evening thinking, "G-d, I could use a drink"?

I ate chocolate instead.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate is better and I hope today is better for you. I'm late getting around.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.