Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Holding My Breath

I get the feeling that millions of Democrats across the country are collectively holding their breaths, knocking on wood, and generally working really hard not to let their hopes get too high. Lordy, I know I am there. I am doing deep breathing exercises.

I took Gary to his physical therapy appointment (finally). He has a sprained ankle and tendinitis in his elbow. He thinks "tendinitis" sounds ... big I guess. You know, like it could be something really serious. He's called a couple of people to tell them that he has tendinitis.

Roland had a bad experience at school today. Because of a tantruming student he had to exert more physical effort over a longer period of time than is usual for him. His body didn't cope with it very well. I'm insisting that he call the physican who I expect will recommend that he lose some weight and start exercising.

I am supposed to talk to the social worker next week about guardianship. She's surprised me with how eager she is to talk about this. I mean, I expected her to be willing to talk about it, but I didn't expect it to be a priority for her. I'm trying not to think too much about that either.

Just breathe.

2 comments:

  1. I have high hopes for this election, and I suppose I should thank Bush for being such an *ss, so people would want some change, but I am not feeling very grateful to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just you American democrats, some of us left-leaners overseas (like here in Australia, for example) are holding our breath, too!

    btw, recently finished reading through your archives. Thanks so much for this blog, I'm currently applying to foster here in Australia and honest stories of real experiences like yours are invaluable preparation.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.