Sunday, October 19, 2008

Household Tip: Self-Cleaning Oven

If your self-cleaning oven refuses to self-clean, follow these steps:

1. Buy a large box of baking soda.
2. Make a paste of baking soda and water.
3. Spread all over the inside of the door.
4. (Optional, not recommended) spread also on surfaces inside the actual oven.
5. Allow paste to sit for half an hour.
6. Scrub lightly and wipe away goop.
7. Repeat until the door is clean enough that you can READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for your self-cleaning oven.
8. Set self-cleaning oven properly.

Your results may vary.

BTW: the baking soda paste is effective at removing all that nasty stuff, so you really can clean your oven this way.

2 comments:

  1. Good one! I don't think I have ever owned a self cleaning oven. All my oven have required myself to clean them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.