Monday, September 22, 2008

Updates

Gary canceled his counseling appointment for tomorrow because the state worker called about a workshop on finding jobs. Since he is about to turn 16 and can finally apply for jobs, he wants to do that. He is still hoping the be called by the charter school.

Andrew sends me frequent text messages and some email messages, which I appreciate. It has only been just a little more than 48 hours since we left him. I suppose the texting and emailing makes him feel in touch too. Today I gave him some feedback on the purchasing of noise-canceling headphones, learned that he had to buy himself a new toothbrush since he didn't pack his, and was told via twitter that by far the favorite dinner option was pasta.

My father left his keys in either the house or truck door (I have this story by way of my sister, so I am a little unclear on the details, as is she). In any case, his truck was stolen. He reported it, and changed the locks on his house, but was surprised when the next day the car was gone too. Evil me found that funny. I know, I am a terrible person.

Brian reports that since "he is an actor," he is playing the part of a really smart kid who gets all of his work done. Not in a play mind you -- all day in school. It seems to be working. He is very happy he went back to the charter school, and he is doing very well.

I am heading into a couple of very busy weeks at work, so I don't know if I will be posting much. Of course, usually when I say that it starts off a flurry of posting. But when I say THAT I find I have nothing to say.

It's a puzzlement.

1 comment:

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.