Sunday, October 22, 2006

The update on the Scotland project

I think I keep posting the same post over and over...but here it is again:

"Evan's really going to go to Scotland, and I have just about accepted except..."

He's talking about buying a one-way plane ticket because he is not sure when he wants to come back and besides he does not have very much money and he wants to have a cash reserve for emergencies.

Oh to be young and stupid.

I told him that if he can't afford a round trip ticket then he can't afford to go. I reminded him that fuel prices are volatile and therefore plane ticket prices are volatile. I asked him to do the basic math. I don't know if I got through to him, but I gave the pitch.

It is the short term thinking of youth, I guess. He wants to get there. He will figure out how to get home later.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.