Monday, October 09, 2006

The new boyfriend

So Evan is very anxious for me not to do anything embarrassing in front of the new boyfriend, as soon as he gets around to introducing us.

It is not clear exactly what it is that I might do that would be embarrassing, but I think it is mostly the possibility of gushing and making too much of a fuss. I mean, it's not like I've got embarrassing pictures, baby or otherwise.*

I have of course absolutely refused. This not because I want to embarrass him, but because I don't quite understand what I would be promising not to do. I have a feeling that I might not be able to avoid the land mines if I try.

In any case, we had told Evan last week that he could not have people in the house that we did not know, but that if he had a steady boyfriend whom we had met and felt good about, he could be in the house when we were gone.

It took Evan about five days to locate a promising candidate. The new boyfriend even works evenings and so is free during the hours we are out of the house.

I wonder if he took out an ad?

"GM seeking same for afternoon fun. Ages 18 to 20 preferable. Ability to make good impression on middle-aged aunt and uncle a must."

next on Evan
_____
*I have a terrible one of Andrew. He came to me at four in underwear, a piece of fabric tied on as a cape, and various weapons strapped to his body. He asked me to take a photo. I agreed "but only if I can show it to your girlfriends later."

"I'm not going to have any girlfriends."

"...but if you do, I get to show them the picture."

"Okay."

next on evan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.