Thursday, February 22, 2007

He's home

I picked up Evan last night. His plane landed at 11:00pm. Poor boy, he had been traveling for at least 30 hours.

It was good to see him. He was in fairly good spirits, accepting that he was back. I got him to his grandmother's just before midnight.

I had a hard time winding down and falling asleep. When my alarm went off this morning at 5:45 I whimpered and asked Hubby if he could please, please take Miss E to school for me. He said he would. He is a wonderful man. I rolled back over and pulled covers over my head.

I woke up at 9:30. It was wonderful.

Good thing I don't have classes today.

4 comments:

  1. Glad he made it back okay. Hope he will rest up and get well soon. Do you think he will really stick with the Grandma or end up at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sleeping in! Glad Evan is back in the states safe and sound. Hopefully all will go well on that front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His plan to is to stick with his grandmother or move in with his aunt. They live very near each other and both will welcome him. I suspect he will live with one or the other until he is ready to live on his own.

    What I realized we chatted on the drive to his grandmother's house was that the last few months here were at least as stressful for him as they had been for Brian. I have no doubt that he cares about us, me in particular. There is no question that he and I have a strong relationationship. I am no longer worried that he will disapear.

    He, however, has no desire to move back into our house.

    I think that is healthy. I am enormously pleased that he stayed with us as long as he did. Unlike David did two years ago, and as Miss E plans to do this summer, he did not leave at the first opportunity. He finished high school, made a plan and followed it.

    In fact all the boys are doing very well at the moment (quick! everyone knock on wood!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a sweet husband. I am glad to hear that he's back safe, and it sounds like you had a really good conversation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.