Monday, February 19, 2007

Cool as a cucumber (update)

Annabelle (Miss E's foster mom) called me, "I wanted to tell you that I'm not sure Miss E will be here in the morning. She's out and I told her to come home, but it doesn't look like she is going to. I don't know whether to call her in as a runaway or what. She's being such a pill."

"How about if I call her about picking her up tomorrow and see what she says?"

"Would you? That would really help."

---

I called Miss E, who by the way was late on Friday. "Hey, Miss E, do you want me to call you before I leave tomorrow, just to make sure you're up?"

"Oh no. You know. I think I will try going to the gym before school. Annabelle could drop me off when she goes to work. Maybe then I will actually be awake for class!"

"So do you need a ride at all tomorrow?"

"No. The gym is right next to the school. I'll just walk."

"Okay. Should I call you tomorrow to talk about Wednesday morning?"

"Yeah. I doubt that I'll do it again though." She laughs, "You know how these things go. I want to try it, but I probably won't be able to make myself get up that early twice."

"Okay, I'll see you Wednesday."

----

I called Annabelle back. I don't know what she will do, except that she won't pace in the living room wondering if Miss E is coming back tonight or not.

*****
Update: Annabelle called back. She called Miss E, told her that she had to come home and mentioned that I had said she was going to the gym. She reports that she will be too tired to go to the gym. I guess I will be seeing her in the morning.

Next
Follow up on the phone callThe Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.