Saturday, November 25, 2006

Off to brother's house

He got off to see his brother.

He realized just before he left that he had forgotten to arrange for someone to pick him up on Monday. He transformed from the young adult who wants me to leave him alone and trust him and into the 10-year-old boy who doesn't know how to leave a telephone message right before my eyes. I resisted the rescue impulse though (all that codependency therapy was not for nothing).

It was in part a reaction to his cell phone being turned off. He wanted it to be turned off, but they said that it was best if he did it at the end of his billing cycle and that just happened to be right before his trip to see his brother. So he was already nervous about what he was going to do in an emergency.

I gave him a phone card and explained about pay phones.

If all else fails he can spend four hours in the airport waiting for me to get off work. When I told him that he transformed back into the competent adult and told me that that was not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.