Thursday, November 30, 2006

Attack of the virus

We are definitely passing around a virus.

Brian and Evan got sick first. I didn't quite believe Brian. It is a bit of a vicious circle. He has had a history of phantom illnesses and so he tends to exaggerate his symptoms, giving us puppy-dog eyes and dragging his feet. I can see that it is clearly an exaggeration and so I don't believe him. So he tries to convince me by further exaggerating his symptoms... Evan sounds horrible and now I am beginning to get it. I came home early today and took a nap and then made soup from the turkey carcass which I put into the freezer last weekend. Andrew still seems to be fine and Hubby claims he is, but I know him. He just announced that he is caught up on his paper work. The virus is about to hit him. I know it is.

Evan has been particularly nice to me today, which is cool. Even when I have been grumpy he has not taken offense. He has been really understanding. I am actually relieved that we are getting sick. Maybe it means that the level of grumpiness we have been experiencing the past couple of days is not us.

It would be nice. It would be very nice if we could all be nice to each other for a while.

1 comment:

  1. hopefully you all will break the virus cycle soon. feel better quick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.