Monday, January 28, 2008

Officially Recuperated

I asked Brian yesterday if he was recuperated. You may remember that when I told him that we had said no to taking David's brother he responded with, "Good, because we are still recuperating." Or wait, I don't think I told you that. Anyway, he said it. Yesterday I asked him if he was done recuperating and he said, "Yeah. I guess so" which is a great deal of enthusiasm for a 13-year-0ld.

Then I told Roland that while I was not anxiously hoping they would find us a new kid, I did feel that I was ready if they called. He agreed and then let me rattle on for ten minutes about how I did wish I could just know when they would call, because if they were going to call soon then we should work on Andrew's bedroom so that he could share it with Evan, but if they weren't going to call for a while and if Evan goes to his uncle's this summer then we won't need it and we will be shaking our heads at how silly we were. When he finished obsessing he nodded and said, "I think I should go back to my classroom and look one more time for that paper I lost. I sure hope X has it."

Yep, I am surrounded by enthusiasm.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you even got the yeah part out of him....

    And reading back posts, I think your story about you and your son is hysterical. We all have moments like this, so it's not too big a stretch to find the humor in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least he listened, that could substitute for enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.