Friday, January 18, 2008

FosterAbba and FosterEema - Update

I know that many of you are aware that FosterAbba, FosterEema, and Danielle's hearing was postponed until this week. Remember when I told you a while ago that, in my humble opinion, the situation was complex and that outcomes were likely to be grey? Yeah, I wasn't wrong.

Here's what I am authorized to tell you: Danielle is still with FosterAbba and FosterEema. The next hearing is not until March. All in all it sounds like it was a good hearing and that things are going "their way." Various people, including the judge, are very impressed with how hard they have worked to do all that has been asked of them. However, the list of tasks to be completed has once again gotten longer. They have been asked to do more. This time, though, they were assured that this would be all. The list is finished.

After I spoke with FosterAbba I thought that she must feel rather like Charlie Brown listening while Lucy promises that this time she will not pull away the football. Really. Just run and kick the ball one more time.

I don't know what will happen next. I don't know if she will run and kick the football, or if she will tell them that she has done enough and will do no more. I don't know what will happen if she does or if she doesn't. I do know that today they are together, and they are exhausted.

She is still periodically updating her homeschooling blog: The Second Maze.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I'd been wondering how they were all doing.

    Give them my best wishes, or if you are reading Foster Abba or Foster Emma. The guys in SF are sending good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for their update I think of them often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have posted an update about court on our homeschooling blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.