Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Waiting for Frankie

I talked briefly with Hubby and Andrew, since he was there too. My anxiety about whether we should consider taking other kids since they don't seem to need a place for any GLBT kids right now just did not make sense to them. I mean they literally had a difficult time understanding what I was saying.

Andrew finally said, "They're going to need gay-friendly homes, Mom. You know that."

Hubby said something too about this what we do and we will just enjoy the quiet until it is time to do it.

So okay. I've known for a while that the next blog name is Frankie. I'm up to "F" and it seems suitable for just about any kid they might bring us. Of course I reserve the right to change it if it just doesn't fit.

So here's where my mind is right now. There will be another GLBT youth who needs us someday. This youth, whom I'll dub Frankie, may be many things: a boy or girl or something in between; tall or short; thin or fat; cheerful or melancholy; and a million other things. But whatever else Frankie is, Frankie already exists. Frankie is somewhere right now, having a good day or a bad one, living in the teen shelter, or on the streets, or in a home. Social workers are keeping an eye out for him/her on my behalf.

I don't know how long it will take Frankie to get here, but I won't give away the room to anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 PM

    It sounds to me, and this is just from reading what you write here, that what you really want is Frankie to be there for you to help. I don't think that is wrong. I think when they get here, you will know you did the right thing by waiting. Of course, that won't help quelsh the anxiety in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said in an earlier post that your husband is very dedicated to providing a home for LGBT youth. Was your family dedicated to LGBT equality before or did it come about because of David?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.