Sunday, April 08, 2007

Good times

Just had a lovely dinner with Andrew, Brian, David and Evan. David finished his curtains and all four of the boys are downstairs playing video games.

I love that they came here for the holidays. I love having them all here at one time. Someday I will have all five of them home for one holiday.

I was afraid when David moved out, when we moved him out, that we would loose him. I was afraid that the way it ended would end our relationship. It did not. Every holiday he comes home. We are his family.

And I was afraid that Evan would not come back. I was afraid that with a loving birth family out there he would have no need of us. But he comes back. We are part of his family too.

I love that these boys are part of my life.

I feel like I am cheating. I get young people "almost done." They come to me at sixteen, seventeen, even eighteen. They live here for a few years, and then they are a part of my life forever.

Five boys, and I only had to go through diapers with two of them.

Surely this must be cheating.

6 comments:

  1. cheating or not, it's sweet.

    Never hurts anyone to have more people they can count on!
    (my oldest brother is adopted)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they all came home for the holiday. It sounds like you had a really nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:25 PM

    I'm glad they came home too. If you ever are in the mood to change diapers, you know where to find me.

    Speaking of, the word verification thing is "PPPPP"..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel cuz this has been my life, too. Even with the bitter, the sweet is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheater cheater pumpkin eater! LOL With three in diapers at the same time I'm just a little envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.