Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Interview for All (well, almost all)

I am working on personalized interviews for Lionmon and Mary, but here are the questions that I always want to ask all people who choose to parent traumatized children. So if you do foster care or have adopted older children, this interview is for you. Write a post, send me the link, and I will publish it on my blog.

I have created a side bar section entitled "How and Why We Do It" so all the answers can be linked in one place. If you've already written a post that addresses some or all of these questions, feel free to send me that link. So here it is:

Six Questions on How and Why We Do It
1. What is the story, reason, explanation for how you got into doing care?
2. What do you wish you had known before you started?
3. What skill did you need to learn (or still need to learn!) to do it well?
4. What is the best, most rewarding part of doing care?
5. How do you take care of yourself so that you can keep on giving care?
6. What did you learn about yourself from giving care?

You don't have to answer these questions. If you have a post on how and/or why you do foster care or adopt older children, let me know and I will add the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.