Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Signing Off

Well, I am going to be gone for a week. I'll see my Niece1 graduate, hang with Sis, Nephew, the other Niece, and my mom. I am taking my cell phone with which I can, rather laboriously, read blogs, email, twitter and even compose a blog post or two. We'll see. If you don't Twitter you can still read my every so exciting tweets in that widget on the side bar of the blog.

Or not.

Have a great week.

I shall leave you with a story:

One of Gary and Brian's friends ran for school president. He used a series of unfortunate photographs of himself in his posters. It was a joke at the school because the powers that be didn't see anything wrong with them, but they were memorable in that the young man appeared to be, um, affectionate with a series of inanimate objects. To be very clear, this was precisely the effect the young man was going for.

Anywhoo, Gary's Girlfriend's comment in the aspiring politician's yearbook included a reference to "humping trees."

Now she has detention every day and she has to go talk to a therapist.

Have I mentioned recently that I live in a red state?

6 comments:

  1. Detention AND having to talk to a therapist? I sure would hate to see what would happen if she wrote a comment on something serious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:11 PM

    (tongue firmly in cheek) Well, it would take a sick mind to even imagine such filth from such innocent photos of a fine, upstanding young man. If there was no woman involved, it couldn't have been sexual!

    (Disclaimer: I don't know any of the people involved, I've never seen the photos in question :-) ).

    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:08 AM

    If I were that therapist our confidential talks would be about how you survive such parents without terrible damage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's next female circumcision?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:03 PM

    lol, i remember when you "typed" up entire posts on your cellphone. you [obviously] have WAAAY more patience and determination than i do; i was impressed!

    as for the daily detention?
    ... wow, i thought just finding something wrong with seems to me like a completely harmless joke is suprising.. never mind daily detention. makes me wonder if i might even experience culture shock if i were to visit such a red state..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:04 PM

    @mijk:
    no kidding, eh..?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.