Sunday, June 07, 2009

the perfect dress

I started this Sat. Night...I tried tweeting this but I think I garbled it.

My niece needs a dress for graduation the neckline may be no more than
3 fingers below the colarbone. The hem must be low enough to hit the
floor when she kneels. It must have sleeeves. She thinks that dresses
with jackets make butt look big. so imagine...it is june. Sun dresses
are everywhere. A few strapless prom dresses can be found. Many
sleeveless dresses with jackets for businesses women...but nothing
will work. We searched for HOURs yesterday. FINALLY found a beautiful
cocktail dress (please God, don't let her fine out the sign said
"cocktail" dress). It's a purple with beautiful decorations.
___
Any... Now it is Sunday.

The dress has a normal pretty neckline and so we had to find
something to go under it. A ballet leotard would be perfect, but
impossible to find. We walked all over that blasted mall looking at
shells and tanks. I finally found a perfect one but it was $45....so
the search went on.
to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. $45 dollars isn't that much. Don't be cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Your niece needs www.funkyfrum.com (Orthodox women have even stricter requirements--collarbone, knees, and elbows must always be covered). "frum" is slang for Orthodox.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.