Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Benign

The nurse called about my biopsy results. All's well in Ladytown.

The fan was running so what I heard was something like, "your results are [unclear] 9." I thought, "9 on a scale of what?" I asked her to please repeat and she said, "b9." It took me a minute to process that. My first thought was why didn't they give me the flipping scale if they were going to talk to me in code? I got a B9? What if it was a A8?

Then I heard it correctly.

My mother had trouble too. I told her and she said, "What?" I said, "The nurse called and EVERYTHING IS FINE." She said, "Oh! You confirmed our flights? Great."

Yeah, it runs in the family.

---
So, what happens next?

Well, first I go on vacation and think as little as possible about my girlie parts.

Second, I continue taking the hormone treatment and see if they control the bleeding every other week. (I started them on Thursday and haven't bled since Saturday. I'm feeling very hopeful and I have to remind myself that I had stretches of up to 13 days without bleeding in the past 3 months). [added: I mean waiting to see if the hormones control the every-other-week-bleeding, not if they work every other week, but you got that, right?]

Third, I talk to the doctor later about the hormone treatment and about whether my ultrasound results still mean that I will have to have biopsies in the future.

I am thinking that I will probably stay on the hormone treatment for a year, at least. It takes, I'm told, three months before we really know if it will work. Since there is no cancer the worst case scenario is putting up with irregular bleeding for a year and having a hysterectomy next summer.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad. *fingers crossed* the treatment works and you don't need to worry about surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay--so glad the results were B9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the internet kids say, W00t!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GR8! Very happy 4U. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news! Enjoy your vacation and I hope the hormone treatment works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Yay for you!

    Damn, and I was hoping that we could be hyster sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathing a sigh of relief. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.