Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No to respite

The supervisor of case workers from my agency just called and asked if we would give respite to a boy. She said, "I think you had him before. His brother visited him."

Yeah. I called this particular boy "X" on my list of respite kids. I told her that I remembered him, "He and his brother stole Andrew's Nintendo DS and a bunch of games. I think the older brother was the real thief, but still Andrew and Brian would have a fit if I let him come back. So sorry."

She understood. Then she said, "Were you ever reimbursed for that?"

I told her that I hadn't been, that I had asked about it and never heard anything, and that I no longer had a copy of the police report or the receipts from my replacement purchases.

She said she would see what she could do about that, "Because that is just not right."

It would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.