Friday, March 14, 2008

My mom....

...had a small stroke.

I'm still waiting to get information, as is everyone else. It seems that it started last evening around the time she went to bed. She was unsteady and had a sense of not being alone. In the morning she was still unsteady, and missed her coffee cup when she tried to pour her morning coffee. She realized that something was wrong when she sat down to pay bills and couldn't remember how to write the numbers. She called my aunt who came over. Mom was having trouble getting words out and when she did she often used the wrong words. My aunt made an appointment with the physician and then called my mom's best friend, who is also a nurse. Mom's friend insisted that they leave right away. Mom was sent from the physician's office straight to the hospital where she is currently undergoing tests.

And that is all I know. Mom's friend promises to call me whenever she has information.

Right now I am thinking that I will go visit her when I have Spring Break in three weeks, unless my aunt or Mom's friend think I should be there sooner.

6 comments:

  1. How scary!! I hope it was minor and that she can recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry.

    I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    To heck with what they think...do what YOU think it best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! Your mom will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am so sorry. You know I am here if you need me. She is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive thoughts are being sent for both your mom and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be thinking of you all. I hope that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.