Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Congratulations to Brian!

He got the lead in the play. He will be Elwood in Harvey. I asked him if he got it doing a Jimmy Stewart impression and said that he did an impression of "the other one." That would be Harry Anderson's Elwood from the 1998 re-make.

So cool, huh?

Of course rehearsal is after school, which means that one of us, me, spends an hour in the car driving to the school, picking up M2 & M3's kids and taking them home, then someone, not usually me, has to turn around and get Brian. We don't know how long this will continue, because there is no official rehearsal schedule, however, given that he has the lead, we can expect that his presence will be necessary quite often.

I am happy for him, I really am. He loves drama and he likes this play. He is going to make a great Elwood. I just ... it is a lot of time on the road.

We told him a while ago that which school he went to was his decision, all the while having private conversations about whether we wanted to exert pressure one way or the other. He is leaning towards the local, big school and I just don't have the energy to convince him to go to the charter school so that I can continue to spend four hours a week carpooling, plus however many hours driving him to extracurricular activities.

But driving and the environment aside, he got the lead!

Pretty cool.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Brian.

    And all I can say to you is, well, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brian! Break a leg and I can't wait to hear the obviously unbiased reviews on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:18 AM

    Yea Brian! It's good to hear good news!

    Corey

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, Brian! I'm sure he'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Brian for getting the lead! I am sure he is thrilled.
    My condolences on the extra driving. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is awesome! Congratulations!

    Would it now make more sense to drop out of the car pool altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea Brian! Break a leg!

    Could he now ride home with the dad that leaves that town an hour later heading home from work? Or, since Brian has rehersals can't everybody stay and study until rehersals are over? Accommadations should be made, gas is too high these days! Afterall, it is a fine arts school, these things are expected.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.