Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beware of Dad's Sick Days

Yes, my darling, beware. If Dad is home when you walk into the house a full ten minutes after your brother, he may be suspicious. Remember, it was MOM who suggested she wouldn't worry too much about how you got home, although even she might have thought that the ten minute gap was pushing credibility.

Dad though, well that is a whole 'nuther ball of wax. When DAD agreed that the parents wouldn't make great efforts to monitor you he meant that he wouldn't pay Verizon to track your phone, or wait by the bus stop to greet you when you got off. He did not even consider that he would look the other way when you tried to sneak in the back door ten minutes late.

I know this is not much of a comfort to you, but I want you to know that I am really very proud of you for telling the truth when he asked you how you got home, even though it means you are grounded for 48 hours again.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:32 PM

    I'm impressed. With Dad and with Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to teach the lesson that it's better to be honest (even if there are still consequences) than to try to evade the truth. Y, it sounds like you're doing a great job of it... I assume you told Gary in person that you're proud of him! How do you instill the value of honesty when you haven't had the child's entire life to model and encourage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry, I laughed, I thought it was funny! I am sure Gary isn't amused, but I am!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.