Friday, February 13, 2009

Because Dawn did it...answers vague based upon my need to preserve anonymity.

♥ What are your middle names?
Well, I'm not going to tell you...however we both now have two and my maiden name is the second one for each of us. It is Andrew and Brian's middle names.

♥ How long have you been together?
We met in October 1983 and were married in 1985.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About a week. (Same answer as Dawn!)

♥ Who asked who out?
He asked me to a movie I didn't want to see and party I did not want to go to (I was proud that I had NEVER gone to a frat party). I said, "Yes. I would love to."

♥Who said I love you first?
Is it bad that I don't remember?

♥ How old are each of you?
45 and 46. Our birthdays are exactly 6 months apart. (Yes, you can now do the math and figure out how very young I was when I got married.)

♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
We don't see any of them regularly as they all live so far away. In the past five years we have seen his siblings once, at his parent's wedding annersary. I have visited my sister twice without him and we both saw her at the cabins last summer.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Yes

♥ What about pets?
We have just about always had cats, though recently ventured out to dogs. Currently there are two dogs and two cats.

♥ Did you go to the same schools?
We met at college.

♥ Are you from the same hometown?
Not even close. Opposite sides of the country in fact. Our mothers grew up 50 miles apart and consequently we both grew up with some of the same family favorites. Really, how many people eat peanut butter sandwiches with tomatoes? (Think about it before you go "eww." It is a less syrupy version of peanut butter and jelly.)

♥ Who is the smartest?
Me. Oh, am I supposed to explain that and make it nicer sounding?

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
I think he is, although he is better at controlling it so most people know us only a little would think I am. I tend to think out every possible angle of a decision (hence the blog). He is much more likely to be hurt by something one of the kids say, though not as much as once did.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Eat out as a couple? People do that? You mean, like without kids?
Actually sometimes we grab lunch together at the locally-owned Mexican place and I have a vague memory of eating Italian food with him with no kids around.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
To both coasts of the US.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Me. Though I think I am mellowing, I am more likely to get angry quickly and get over it quickly. He has a very hard time expressing anger, which can be frustrating.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Me. Totally. If I am out of town and ask him to please save money and cook at home he will buy a pre-made pizza to put in the oven.

♥Who is the most social?
I have more one-on-one friends that I try to do things with regularly. He thinks that parties are FUN. Amazing.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
He likes everything clean on the surface, but underneath that there is no organization. Really. He has old cords that go to nothing in his underwear drawer. I am the opposite. There is a place for everything, but it can take a while for things to get to that place.

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
He is...or at least it seems to me. It may be more though that when he is convinced of something no amount of logical and reasoned argument is persuasive, and that can make me crazy.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Often his job requires that he get up earlier, but when we can sleep as we like I get up earlier by far.

♥ Where was your first date?
The movie and party, remember? We got to the party before anything was happening and both were bored so we went for a walk which was wonderful.

♥Who has the bigger family?
He does. He two siblings and I have one, but his extended family is huge and his mother keeps everyone in touch.

♥Do you get flowers often?
No, but I do get chocolate which is better.

♥ Who do you spend the holidays with?
We rarely travel for holidays.

♥Who does/did the laundry?
He does, but slowly. I joke about the required two week quarantine for all clothes.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Me mostly, except I have this inexplicable aversion to PowerPoint and he uses it well.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
On road trips I do much more of the long highway driving because he gets sleepy. He does any and all driving in unfamiliar cities. When he drives I read maps at his request, give him directions, then he does what he thinks is right and I get mad at him. It's a whole thing. On car-sick-inducing roads I drive, Andrew sits in front and he and Brian sit in the back.

♥ Who picks where you go to dinner?
Either I do, or I give the kids choices and tell them to let me know when they have come to agreement.

♥ Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
Admit being wrong? What a concept. Do we do that? I think mostly nobody admits they were wrong, we just find something we can agree on. Except of course when he is wrong. I sometimes Have to apologize for being bitchy, but I wasn't wrong while being bitchy.

♥ Who named your pet?
Most of our pets came pre-named and our children have found the idea of re-naming to be morally unacceptable. Brian has named the few pets who arrived nameless.

♥ Who wears the pants in the relationship?
The kids would say that I do because I am better taking the executive position. In confusion my instinct is to give orders and he is good about that. We make decisions together though. Generally though if one of us cares strongly about something they get it.

♥ Who has more tattoos?
Clearly I am far too old for these meme. No tats.

♥ Who eats more sweets?
Close call. I'd addicted to chocolate. He drinks several sodas every day, although he insists that it is for the caffeine, not the sugar.

♥ Who cries more?
Me. He rarely cries, although he did cry in the Stewart Little movie.
Twice.
All three times.

♥ Are you still together?
Would I have done this meme if we weren't?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Stewart Little but I don't remember the book being sad! You were young like us when you met -- and look! It's worked out! But I'd be shocked if my kids ended up with their 20-year old boyfriend/girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Are you really sure Roland doesn't have a secret twin who lives in my house? Too many similarities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I've had the same thought when reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.