Thursday, June 19, 2008

The PO Officer Cometh

This is a totally new experience for me. I met her at the staffing at the group home.

We are cleaning the house because it desperately needs it and because we don't know her. I don't think it is really necessary though. She is hear to help us to understand the conditions of Gary's probation and to do her regular visit with him. I don't know how often she is supposed to visit. I don't know what, if anything, she will care about regarding the house. I imagine she visits homes of people in all sorts of income brackets and habits.

Ann had a probation officer while she was here. She had to do community service, attend some classes, and write a letter of apology. Of course her violation had been recent. Gary's violation was four years ago. He would have been released from probation already if he had a stable home. He will only be released after he has lived in one place for at least year and the PO is convinced he is staying indefinitely. Well, that or when he turns 21.

So we shall see. The kid might have an 8:00pm curfew for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.