Yesterday I was making people crazy, acting like my mother in law. "Do you have something to read in the car? You know we could spend 40 hours total driving." "Did you get your prescriptions filled?" "Does everyone know where their mp3 players/Gameboys/cell phones are? Well, are you going to be able to travel without complaining if you don't find them?" I resisted the urge to ask them to predict exactly where on the trip they would want to stop for lunch so that I could do internet research and find somewhere interesting to eat.
- write a menu and grocery list for the days at the cottage
- print out maps and information for the hotels where we have reservations (Roland might have done that),
- buy a few more things for the housesitter
- get cash for the trip and to pay the housesitter
- buy food for eating in the car
- pick up our refilled prescriptions