Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Brian on purses

I went look for purses and I took Brian with me. I like taking teenagers with me. The help prevent me buying things that scream "total dork." Of course what I buy tends to quietly say, "Geeky mom out of touch with fashion" but I can live with that.

He was very helpful:
Me: "Remember, I know I'm a grown up woman. I am not trying to look like a teenager."

Brian: "Right -- no sparkles. How about this one?"

Me: "I like it, but if you want me to be able to hand you tissues, eye-glass cleaner, a comb..."

Brian: "Okay! Something bigger."

Me: "What about this one?"

Brian, thoughtful: "That one says...I'm so menopausal I have to carry everything I own."

7 comments:

  1. Tell Brian thank you for the huge laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no sparkles? Mine has sparkles. LOL

    My mother has carried that second type of purse as long as I can remember. We used to call it the store room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL

    You bought it, of course?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian's not only has perfect hair, he has a great sense of humour to boot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great!!!

    I think I have that purse.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Man!!! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi-
    Long-time reader here.
    I thought you and your other readers would be interested in this NYTimes article:
    Giving Them Shelter: Portraits of Young Lives in Limbo
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/giving-them-shelter-portraits-of-young-lives-in-limbo/index.html?hp
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.