Friday, March 16, 2007

Social Worker meets family

Yesterday Miss E's social worker went to visit Miss E and meet her new family.

This is so atypical for my agency. Miss E seemed to have moved in without pre-placement visits. She moved while her social worker was out of town and to a family that her social worker does not know.

Of course it was classified, I suppose, as something of an emergency. She was being pretty insistent that she be moved and Annabelle certainly wasn't fighting it anymore. The last person who fought for her was Mandy, and that was nearly a year ago.

This isn't the way things are supposed to be. None of it is.

On the up side, the social worker told me that Miss E and the family all seem to be happy with each other. Miss E has no idea that we have thought about whether we would take her. She seems to accept that this is the family she needs to make life work with.

I'm happy to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.